Monday, October 8, 2012

Glasses

Deuteronomy 32:3
“For I proclaim the name of the Lord;
Ascribe greatness to our God!”

My vision isn’t terrible, but it’s just bad enough to make it difficult to read signs on the road until they’re too close to do me much good.  It’s surprising how difficult it can make it to recognize who a person is, too.  I often recognize people by the way they walk before I recognize their features.  This is one of the reasons that I am thankful that God made light so that it could be refracted through a lens.

Glasses can also become an expression of a person’s personality.  My first pair of glasses were pretty plain and simple - I didn’t want them to look dorky, but I didn’t really see a need for a sense of style.  My second pair found me having taken notice of others’ glasses simply because I was now one who also wore them.  I liked the attitude they could add, and thus got a pair with just a touch of sass.  The possibilities God has given us to accessorize are infinite.  I love and enjoy seeing the resulting variety.

The way that God has orchestrated every detail of our world (like how light refracts, or the ability to accessorize) sends my mind into a static “does not compute” mode.  It is truly amazing when you begin to think of all of the things that we take for granted - and He specifically made it that way and constantly maintains it.  How great is our God?

No comments:

Post a Comment