Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Night Sky


I’m not sure what it is about the night sky with all the stars, planets, and the moon, but I’ve always loved gazing up at night.  Perhaps it is the contrast that draws my eye, but it remains a mystery to me as to what about it continues to hold my gaze.  There’s something comforting, almost familiar about them.

Perhaps it reminds me of how big God really is to create all of those tiny sparkling points that are really far larger than I can fully imagine.  A God who is big enough and has the power to do that is also “small” enough to have a personal relationship with me.  With a God like that advocating for me, how can I be afraid of anything but Him?  

I thank God for the night sky, and for the reminder of how big He is:  so big I can’t even fully comprehend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment