Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Walking


What do you do for exercise?  My body doesn’t take kindly to impact, so I enjoy swimming, bicycling, and walking.  For lack of a bike and a pool, I have begun walking.  I am blessed that there is a lake adjoined to a park within walking distance of my work, and it makes for an enjoyable circuit.

It seems that exercise helps me to sleep, but also gives me more overall energy, which means that I don’t need quite as much sleep.  I like this fact, because then I can accomplish more in my day - and perhaps have a bit of time for more of the fun things.  

I think that the fact that we need exercise is an aftereffect of the fact that God created us to work, (“Then the Lord God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it.” Genesis 2:15) which is why our overall health is better when we do exercise.  So I am thankful that God created a way for walking to be that exercise for those who can’t do as much.

1 comment: