Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Schedules

My son is now a year old and my husband and I have rethought his schedule.  He used to go to sleep at 8pm and wake up around 7am.  We’ve been wanting more time together, and with Daylight Savings ending, we got to switch our clocks back an hour.  

What does this mean for us?  That my son gets to go to sleep at 7pm (which is really the same time) and wake up at 6:30am (only a half hour later).  We get more time together while he’s asleep at night, and are now waking up when we were originally intending to wake up.  I know that the hour back works to many toddler’s parents’ detriment in having to wake up super early, but it actually worked in our favor.  The Lord is gracious.

Toward the beginning of my son’s life, we had a pretty on-demand schedule for him.  He would eat at about this time and I didn’t have a handle on when he slept.  When we started to get him onto more of a schedule, we discovered how wonderful it is.  It truly is important to prioritize your relationship with your spouse, and a schedule makes that so much easier.

So I am thankful for schedules, and that God created time the way that He did.  We often feel that we don’t have enough, but I think that’s part of God’s way of teaching us how to discipline ourselves and to budget our time.  Keeping priorities is vital.

No comments:

Post a Comment