Thursday, December 13, 2012

Harmonies

Colossians 1:9-12
"For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light."


I love music for several reasons, and one of those is harmony. When it’s time for the harmonies to join in, I relish the experience, whether I’m singing the melody, or on harmony myself. It’s like a dance in which the dancers perform with fluid motion, perhaps crossing one another at times, but never touching, unless to dance in unison for a time. I also liken it to the feeling of camaraderie in sports, when everyone is in sync with one another - in harmony.

Imagine the camaraderie when we are in harmony with God. When we are so in tune with His will we don’t hesitate for a second. If we were a melody, God would be a harmony on either side. He encircles us with His love and grace and never lets us go. He dances through life with us, and will join us on the melody from time to time if we lack the strength to sing loud enough. In His divine power, He can still sing all of the harmonies, too.

God doesn’t need me to sing His melody, but He chooses to share it with me. He chooses to show me how to resonate with Him. For this, I am extremely thankful. I pray God continues to show me how to stay in tune. How to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord.


What helps you stay in tune with Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment