Friday, December 28, 2012

Photos

Philippians 1:6
"For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus."


Whether your photos are stored digitally or in photo albums, it’s fun to browse through them and walk down memory lane. It can be nice to remember where we were in a photo and see how far we have come personally (which can also help offset the wish we still looked that young!). It’s also just fun to reminisce. I am thankful we can take photos - and for the ready accessibility of cameras.

Am I the only one who needs to be reminded that “He who began a good work in [me] will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus”? (Philippians 1:6) I sometimes need to look back to see I truly have progressed for the better. I can get so wrapped up in this legalistic worry I need to do something, I forget God is the one ultimately in control of my progression. Therefore, I have no need to worry; I have only to follow Him. When I think I need to do something, it's usually because I'm trying to lead. It isn't about doing, it's about being obedient. There's a fine line between those, and I've come to recognize it in myself as the difference between pride and humility. Life is so much sweeter when I'm humble!

May God grant you the ability to see how far He has brought you today. What helps you remember how far He's brought you?

No comments:

Post a Comment