Saturday, December 1, 2012

Weekly Impressions - Worry and Meditation

Romans 11:36
"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen."


One of my main struggles is worry.  I know that worry is a sin against God because it is not trusting in Him.  While I knew this, I couldn’t fully understand why.  I didn’t see my worry as lack of trust, because when I see God is in control of what I’m worrying about, I no longer feel the need to worry.  If God is in charge of something, I know to my core that I don’t need to worry about it.  You may have already guessed where my lack of trust has been:  in not acknowledging that God is in control of everythingLiterally.

So what is the best way not to worry?  God has been impressing upon me the importance of meditation on Him, because when I do, I am mindful of the fact He is over all things. This practice of writing thankful things has been highly instrumental, because by looking for something to be thankful for, I need to focus on the Giver of that thing. In so doing, I am seeking God. The more thankful things I write, the more I see His hand in all things. The more I see His hand, the less I worry, and the more I can rest in my Creator.

“All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.” (John 1:3)
“For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.  To Him be the glory forever.  Amen.” (Romans 11:36)
The more I meditate on Him, the easier it is to live in the constant knowledge of His presence. The more I live in His presence, the more time I spend with Him. The more time I spend with Him, the more Christ-like I become.  I love how that works.
So as you can see, my struggle with worry is really about what I’m looking for in life. If I’m constantly focused on myself and meeting my needs and desires, then I’m not living in the presence of God.  By focusing on His desires, I not only meet my own needs, but I have the amazing opportunity to be used by God, the Creator of the universe.  How awesome is that? 

How is God glorifying Himself through you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment