Friday, January 4, 2013

Sunrises

Philippians 1:21
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain."


Just as I am thankful for sunsets, I am also thankful for sunrises. I don’t see them as often, as I'm not a morning person (which is why I enjoy sunsets so much). That fact, however, does not decrease their beauty. They make for a very pleasant and peaceful beginning to the day.

As I had mentioned in yesterday’s post, my grandpa is experiencing the most awesome sunrise of his life in passing from this life to begin life in the full presence of his Savior Jesus Christ. What a gorgeous and glorious new beginning that sunrise must be! I am reminded of Paul’s sentiment that “...to live is Christ and to die is gain.” (Philippians 1:21b) On the one hand, I cannot wait to join with my Savior and the saints who have joined Him before me. On the other hand, I know God has a purpose for me here until He personally calls me home.

I am thankful I can rest in the knowledge I will see that glorious sunrise one day. But not yet, dear one. If you're reading this, God isn't finished with you here on earth. Even if a specific purpose isn't evident, you can rest in knowing He works all things for the good of His children, to make them more like Christ. (Romans 8:28-29) Whether He is molding you, or using you to mold another (or both!), He isn't done, yet! How can this change your perspective as you move on with the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment