Saturday, February 23, 2013

My Massage Therapist

Colossians 1:11-12
"...strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light."


I have chronic musculoskeletal pain, and as such, often rely upon chiropractors and massage therapists. My massage therapist isn’t your average masseuse. He utilizes acupressure, deep tissue massage, reflexology, and any other type of massage therapy he knows to help your muscles relax to move your bones back into place and relieve your pain. Sometimes his expertise are the only thing that can effectively relieve my pain.

I often go in limping and come out walking again. I am so thankful God revealed massage therapy to man, and that He brought me to someone who could effectively use it on me.

This struggle with chronic pain in life’s circumstances puts me right where God wants me. All trials are an opportunity to learn more about God and how I can be more like His Son. I pray God gives me the sight to seek His will - His purpose - no matter where He leads. May I have the humility and joy to follow.

What are you struggling with? Can you still have joy in the midst of your trial, knowing God is using it to train you (and maybe others) to be more like Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment