Thursday, April 11, 2013

Spontaneity

Psalm 105:3-4
"Glory in His holy name; let the heart of those who seek the Lord be glad. Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His face continually."


Sometimes, it's nice to be a bit spontaneous. My husband planned to be out late tonight, so I had decided to get some things done in his absence. While still at work, my grandma and mom swung by, and I had a question for my grandma about a knitting project of mine. She told me to come over whenever I wanted and she would show me how to do what I was asking.

First of all, it’s pretty neat that my grandma is willing to take the time to impart her knowledge to me. Secondly, she’s also the type to be pretty spontaneous. As I thought about her offer at work, I realized tonight would be perfect! It would require a little doing, though, as my in-laws were expecting me to come take care of my son after work.

So... on a whim... I called my in-laws and asked if they wouldn’t mind watching my son for the night. They said they didn’t mind, so I called my grandma and asked if tonight would work, which she replied to in the affirmative. Spontaneity often seems to require a bit of “the planets aligning,” which makes it fun to see God move if He decides to make it possible. It also makes me step back and realize God had already figured my spontaneity into His plan. I am thankful God created spontaneity, and that I was able to go enjoy an evening with my grandma on a whim due to His work in my life through the people I love.

Can you see a way the Lord has worked on your behalf lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment