Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Minecraft


I have mentioned before that I love video games.  One of the video games that I enjoy playing with my friends and family is Minecraft.  It’s a bit like virtual legos for adults, with some adventure play thrown in.  You can explore an infinite world; build whatever you can dream up (I heard of a 1-1 scale Star Trek Enterprise); progress through the different levels of technology; mine out structures and gather resources; farm and create hybrid plants; fight zombies and huge spiders... it’s a multi-faceted game.  The beauty of it is that it is still a simple game.  We play the heavily “modded” version (short for modifications, which really means that a lot has been added to the base game) of Tekkit Lite.

The thing that I most enjoy doing is exploring, finding an area where I want to make a base of operations, and then trying to make the base work both practically and aesthetically.  It’s even more fun when you play with others and work together to survive and create.  You get to help them with their projects and also receive help with your own.  I am thankful that God provided the money for us to purchase Minecraft, and for the fun that our family and friends have when we play it together.  There’s a little something for everyone in it, which makes it one of those few games that most everyone enjoys.

No comments:

Post a Comment