Saturday, November 16, 2013

Weekly Impressions - Every Thought Captive

My focus is so important.  Whatever is the object of my focus is also what I am putting on the throne of my heart.  It can be difficult to keep that focus on God - to give Him all of my worship (which is mostly due to my shifting focus), - and to live my life in the light of a focus on Him.  “...Christ is all, and in all.” (Colossians 3:11c)

God has allowed my chronic pain to worsen, and it can be hard not to focus on the pain.  It is so constant, and no doctor seems to have an explanation, nor a treatment.  Yet, as I continue to remind myself, my hope is not in doctors, or lack of pain, or treatments, or man.  My hope is in the Lord.


I am to “...take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ[.]”  (2 Corinthians 10:5b)  Christ is no less my Savior, and no less sovereign over my circumstances.  When I can bring my focus around to Him, and remember that He has put this trial in the lives of my family for our good, and for the good of His children, then I can be thankful.  I can rejoice and sing praises to the One who is worthy of more than I can give.  Praise the Lord for His good will!

No comments:

Post a Comment