Friday, January 3, 2014

To Be Loved

To be loved by any human is to be loved imperfectly.  We have the love of Christ to look up to, but until we join Him in heaven, we will still live in the imperfection of sin.  My husband and I had a difficult morning with one another, not only in dealing with our sinful nature, but in communicating clearly to one another.  It took some time, but we were able to sort through things, confess, and seek forgiveness from one another.

I certainly didn’t feel loved this morning, but one thing I remind myself of frequently, is that love is a Choice.  Even when the feelings aren’t there, I choose to love and remain with my husband.  I have the added bolster of God’s commandment to remain with him once I have made that choice, too, and can take peace from following His will.  The same goes for my husband.  Even in the rough times, he also chooses to love me and remain with me.

That certainly doesn’t mean that everything is hunky-dory all the time.  We are sinners, and sin isn’t pleasant to deal with.  I am glad, though, that my husband is willing to help me deal with my sin.  It may take a bit before he’s ready to - or for me to be ready to deal with his, for that matter - but we are committed to one another.  

I am thankful to be loved.  Not only by my husband, but also by my Savior.  That love is perfect, and “...perfect love casts out fear.” (1 John 4:18b)  God’s love keeps my soul, and orchestrates all things for His glory and the good of His children (Romans 8:28-29).

No comments:

Post a Comment