Thursday, February 13, 2014

Schedule Change-Ups

Dear Lord,

There are so many things that I’m thankful for today, and I love that I get to thank You for them!  Today was such a nice day.  It hasn't even mattered to me that I’m getting sick and that my son is sick.  I’m actually a bit thankful for it, as that was the reason that I got to stay home later than usual today with my husband and son, to then take care of my son this morning while my husband was at school, and head to work in the afternoon.  It was a really nice change-up in my day that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Thank You that I’m so thankful!  It’s almost like this warm gooey feeling - and even if I’m not a “girly-girl” it’s nice to have those now and again.  I just get to praise You and lift my thanks to glorify You with each new event in my day.  The perspective that pain isn’t bad and is just another of Your tools has also helped me to stay thankful.  That’s a perspective to keep handy in my toolbox - and one I know I will need to use often as You conform me into the image of Your Son!

Thank You for orchestrating my day’s events, and for the schedule change-ups You threw in today.  You helped me do what needed to be done at work, too, even though I only worked for a half day.  I could see Your hand in everything, right down to the timing of my son’s lunch with picking up my husband.  Thank You, Lord, for holding me tight!

In Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment