Thursday, February 20, 2014

Still There

Dear Lord,

Please forgive me for my anger in my sense of entitlement earlier today.  I struggled with feeling rushed and let my thoughts dwell on wanting to get home and eat dinner while given an extra errand to run after work.  It came to a bit of a head when I got home and realized that I had forgotten the requested Redbox movie in the cart.  Thank You so much that it was still there when I returned.

It seems to cut straight through my anger when You show me that kind of love.  You humble me and yet show me Your love, grace, and mercy at the same time.  You really are amazing.  I want to be a conduit of that kind of love.  If that love can cut through my anger, then it can cut through others’.  Please show me how to not react to others’ anger, but to simply show Your love to them.  Give me the wisdom to do what they need - in Your eyes, not in theirs and not in mine.  Help me to shine Your love.


In Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment