Friday, May 2, 2014

Chairs

James 1:2-4
“Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.  And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.”

Dear Lord,

Chairs are definitely something that I have taken for granted.  Usually, I don’t really notice how nice they are to have until I don’t have one.  Yesterday, it was a different reason; my fibromyalgia had kicked into a higher gear.  By Your good work in me, You have started to train me to look for what I’m thankful for to You, and to very intentionally shift my focus to You when I’m in pain, in order to remain in Your joy and continue to witness.  Thank You so much for that training.

It was in that setting that I discovered that I was very thankful for chairs… more specifically, my office chair, which is adjustable.  As I folded bulletins at work for our Sunday service, I discovered that the height of my desk was actually a bit higher than was comfortable.  With a smile, I knew that was no problem, since You had provided me with an adjustable office chair, and I was working away with less issue with the lift of a lever.

Thank You, Lord, for chairs.  Thank You most especially, for that shift in focus You have taught me.  I pray for Your “endurance [to] have its perfect result” in me.  Thank You for the opportunity to increase in Your wisdom.


In Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment