Monday, June 30, 2014

Songs of Praise

Dear Lord,

Thank You that we can praise You in song.  Songs can be used as a great instrument to help bring us back to Your truths.  Whether it's song made directly from Scripture, or something that focuses on Your awesome and loving character, songs of praise can help me shift my focus from myself and my circumstances to You.  No matter my circumstances, You are in control of them, and working “…all things together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.” (Romans 8:28)

Thank You that I don’t have to focus on myself, on my sin, and on my worries.  You are much greater than I and worthy of praise, You paid the price for my sin and it is finished, and I can cast all my worries on You, because You care for me.  Thank You, thank You, thank You, my Lord.  Thank You that You renew my mind in Your truth.


In Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment