Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Words

Dear Lord,

Thank You so much for words.  They are one of the many things that we take for granted, and yet they are so powerful.  With them, we can express and communicate.  They are their own art form, whether in poetry, song, or speech.  With them, we can praise You or persecute; show love or contempt; encourage or destroy.  Whether written or spoken (two different art forms!), words are the vehicles we steer from one place or person to the next.

Help me to keep my focus on serving and loving You, Lord, that my words would naturally overflow from Your love and joy to bless the others here.  Help me to stay thankful and not entitled, joyful and not prideful, loving and not dismissive.  Help me to keep my thoughts on Your grace and what You have done for me more than on what I “need” to do for You.  Help me to rest in Your grace rather than fall into the mindset that I need to earn Your love.

Lord, keep my thoughts on Your Word, and I pray for Your guidance and clarity to understand it.  Let me not be so engrossed in the way the world sees things that I try to view Your Word through a worldly lens.  Help me to understand and meditate upon Your truth.


In Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment