Thursday, December 8, 2016

Almost There


1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
"Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

I love that feeling of anticipation when you're approaching the climax and you can feel the excitement build. I've been creating a Bible Study on thankfulness and it's in its final stages of completion! One more little step and I can upload it for self-publishing - quite possibly in time for Christmas! This study has been on my heart and mind for awhile now, and I'm excited to see how God will use it.

I am thankful to be "almost there." It's so easy to let projects fall by the wayside, but I've felt His gentle prodding to make sure I finish this one. That alone feels special. I have no idea what He'll do with it - and it will be Him, because my marketing skills are nil - but it has been more important to me to be faithful to complete it. By His grace... I almost have.

The journey to complete it has also done a work in me. I haven't been writing my thankful things down lately, as I attend to other things, and I've noticed my walk with God grow harder to deal with. However, every time I've sat down and taken the time to work on the study, God has blessed me. The idea behind the study is to show the participant how to apply thankfulness to all aspects of her walk with God. This has served as such a blessed reminder to me of the same.

If you're interested, the study is called How Do I "Give Thanks in Everything?" based off 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 with emphasis on verse 18: "...in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." As evidenced by my blog, I have found the practice of thankfulness to fuel my joy in the Lord. It has helped in so many areas in which I've faltered. Paul's call to action in these verses isn't idle, and this journey of learning to apply it to my life has transformed me; I want to share it with all of you.

See my Journals page to find out more - I hope to have it available to purchase in time for Christmas! May God reveal His grace to you through it as much as He has me!

No comments:

Post a Comment