How Do I "Give Thanks in Everything"?
Each week has quick steps to make this study very easy to lead and use:
- Prayerful Thought - brief opening prayer to help get in the proper mindset
- Encouraging Icebreaker - share thankful things from prior weeks to see how God is working in one another's lives
- Study Notes - topic and subject matter
- Memory Verse - a relevant and applicable verse to help retain what you've learned
- Heart Application - thought-provoking questions with relevant applications to see long-lasting results.
- Thankful Things - a place with suggestions for each day to briefly write about your thankful things, with suggested verses.
My Thankful Beginning ~
A Shift in Focus
Thankfulness is foundational to our relationship with Christ and a great way to take our thoughts captive to His obedience. My Thankful Beginning ~ A Shift in Focus is designed to help you begin your own journey toward a thankful heart in Christ Jesus (and away from depression and anxiety). This devotional journal will offer some guidelines and optional structure. It may be your first step in shifting your everyday focus toward Christ and away from your troubles. Learn how to practically apply thankfulness in your relationship with Him!
This book features a Fill-in-the-Blank Index to categorize your thankful things by a struggle they can help you out of. For example, if you view the Labels on this blog, I have many listed, such as Anxiety, Depression, Discontent, etc., which you can click and see all my relating posts. Now you can do the same! You can also add verse references along with your thankful thing in the index to encourage yourself in the right direction.
I pray the Lord blesses you with these books! "Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." - Romans 15:13