Friday, May 3, 2013

Evaluations


I just had my annual evaluation at work today, and was glad that it was quite favorable.  One thing I appreciate about my coworkers and bosses is that they show their appreciation for the work their employees do, but they also look for ways that we can improve.  They - as I - hold the idea that there is always room for improvement.  They don’t tell us in an accusatory or critical manner; it’s constructive criticism, with the intent of actually helping us.  This, too, is much appreciated.

I am thankful for the added perspective that an evaluation can bring, for both the praise and the criticism.  It is also helpful in life to evaluate myself.  Am I doing my best?  Where can I improve?  Or... am I spending as much time as I need to in the Word?  Such questions are good to revisit every so often.  While I have improved in the amount of time I am spending in the Word, I’m still not where I’d like to be, and I can be working on that.

Thank You, Lord, for evaluations and the resulting improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment