Thursday, May 23, 2013

Landscape


We don’t usually drive home until after dark.  The past few weeks of summer sun, however, have meant more light on the way home.  Today, I am struck by God’s landscape as we drive across a twenty minute stretch of it.  The green of winter and spring has left the hills, and now their curves are clothed in brown.  Green trees, vineyards, and the occasional farm give the brown a beautiful contrast, especially in the golden light of the setting sun.

God’s Creation is stunning.  Even though I prefer the landscape of the forest, I have found beauty in each of His landscapes - even the desert.  There’s just something about God’s architecture that is absolutely striking.  I am thankful that God blesses us with His beautiful landscape, and I pray that it might always remind me of my awesome God.

No comments:

Post a Comment