Saturday, May 25, 2013

Weekly Impressions - Faith, Hope, and Love

Faith, Hope, and Love


Quickened heartbeat, fluttering thought,
Contracting muscles, focus self-sought;
How quickly I wander, how quickly I stray -
His magnificent glory no longer display.

Brooding desires or sudden fears,
Wishing, imagining; summoning tears.
A myriad of ways to think of myself
Yet each commands and bleeds my health.

It is not the wishes, the dreams, the desires,
That deliver my body and soul from day’s fires,
But hope from and faith in and love through God’s Son.
Through His blood and His power the victories won.

Remember, my soul and my mind and my heart,
Remember His ways and His blessings impart.

Replace the anger with empathy
through His love.
Replace the depression with hope
through His  love.
Replace the anxiety with faith
through His love.
Replace the control with humility
through His love.

“...Now faith, hope, love, abide these three;
But the greatest of these is love.”*

*1 Corinthians 13:13

No comments:

Post a Comment