Friday, May 30, 2014

My Portion

Lamentations 3:24
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I have hope in Him.”

Dear Lord,

I have seen this phrase in a few places in Scripture:  “The Lord is my portion.”  I have considered its meaning, and while I am not certain of its whole meaning, I know what it means to me.  You have been given to me - or more precisely, You have given Yourself to me.  Not in the sense that I am Your master, by any means, but in the sense that not only do You love me, but You have given me Yourself to draw upon to be my strength, my shield, my Savior, and my friend.  You are everything.

You are my portion.  You are all that I could ever need, because You will use any and all of Your resources (that thought sends me into awe!) on my behalf.  You are always working to conform me to the image of Your Son, and that I might shine Your glory.  We so often seem to think that being conformed to the image of Your Son is “no fun.”  How wrong is the thought!  Every moment spent with You is a moment of Joy!  To be the recipient of Your love is a delight and peace beyond words.  

I pray that You would keep me in the perspective of You as my portion.  That thought still makes me shiver.  How vast must be my portion!  Beyond imagining.  I think the most awesome thing about it is that You do this for each of Your children.  You are not “thinned” by lavishing Your love; You are boundless, limitless, and Your resources are infinite.  You. Are. Amazing!  And I beam with delight as I love You.  Thank You, Lord!


In Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment