Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Learning to Mother

Dear Lord,

During those times when I’m so tired, but my little man wants to do something with me, thank You for teaching me to mother.  I am learning to treasure my time with him, and to pull upon Your strength for the energy and joy to spend some time with him.  Thank You for the knowledge of what I can and cannot do in those moments - or perhaps even should and should not do - and for the attitude change in me.  Thank You for the shift from myself to You and my child.

In some ways, we mothers have to keep going, but I thank You that I don’t have to look at it that way.  I am not a martyr - I don’t deserve better than I receive, but receive more than I deserve in Your grace.  To serve You is a joy, and I am learning to serve You - and my child by extension - by mothering.  Thank You for this incredible journey, and for what You are teaching me through it.  I pray for my little man, that You would be working in his heart, and that I (and his father) would be good examples to him of Your love.


In Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment