Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Salvageable Blanket

Dear Lord,

As You know, my little man’s most-loved knitted blanked has been falling apart for some time now.  I’ve been meaning to take the whole thing apart and redo it, since it’s been slowly unraveling, but have been a little loathe to take it away from him for the 4-5 month period it would take to reknit it.  Thank You that when I finally took it apart last night, I didn’t have to rip out the entire thing.  I think there’s about a month’s work that I was able to salvage, and thus, one less month that my little man will have to be without it.

Thank You, too, Lord, that I am able to salvage the blanket at all.  I think it’s pretty cool that I can rip out and remake something that he loves, and I don’t even have to spend additional money - just time doing something that I already love to do.  Thank You, Lord, that I can serve him in that way.  Thank You, too, that with You as the focus, I can also lift that service up to You in worship.

In Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment