Monday, June 2, 2014

The "Sleep" Book

Dear Lord,

Thank You for the “sleep book,” as my son has dubbed it.  This is often my go-to book for a bedtime story, mostly because he loves it.  (It’s called “Time for Bed” by Mem Fox.)  It’s simple enough (and yet interesting enough) that I was able to memorize it, which means that I can recite it to him for nap time even if we don’t have the book with us.  This makes nap time a bit easier on Mommy!

Thank You that he enjoys looking at each of the animals, looks for the moon and stars in the background, and even will point things out to the imagined book before him when I recite it.  It’s not quite a bedtime ritual, but it’s close.  I love to cuddle him as I read or recite it, and he will usually hold still for it, which is also a great bonus.  His cute little, “Again!” afterwards makes me smile - even if I don’t grant the request.  Thank You, Lord, for how You have used the “sleep” book in my relationship with my son.

In Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment