Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bolsters

I like bolster pillows.  I use mine every night before I go to sleep to make it comfortable to sit up in my bed as I read or write.  I have musculoskeletal issues, so it can be pretty important to ensure that I have proper support.  I don’t know that a bolster is necessarily the “proper” support, but it’s certainly more comfortable than an ordinary pillow.

You could say that it’s one of the ways that God props me up... quite literally.  I can just imagine the bolster’s arms being His loving arms around me.  I plan on keeping that reminder handy:  that I am always to lean upon God.  In a way, I do it without realizing it anyway; it is by God’s will and grace that I am able to do anything at all.

And so, I am thankful for God faithfully propping me up every night with a bolster pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment