Friday, October 26, 2012

Hills


I have always lived in an area where there are hills.  I love looking out over the landscape at the top of a tall hill and seeing all of the furrows and folds of the surrounding landscape.  It reminds me of the way that loose fabric falls over a form.  There are so many different kinds of hills, too.  It makes for a significant amount of variety in the landscape.

Hills also create a small sense of adventure for me.  I just want to explore them.  To search out what lies in their nooks and crannies, and to find what’s hidden in the valleys between.  I am thankful for hills, for the sense of wonder and excitement that God incites within me through them.

The hills also remind me of the vastness of God.  He knows every plant on their banks, every speck of dust, every molecule that makes their form the shape He wants it to be.  God’s landscape paintings are three-dimensional and interactive.  Yet they still have beautiful two-dimensional silhouettes and scenes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment