Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tables


I have a beautiful cherrywood dining table complete with eight chairs that God graciously gave us for only $250 (instead of $1000) when we were married.  I have loved it since I got it, but there’s just one problem... it’s never cleared off!  That’s right, my husband and I get home and put everything on its beautiful wood-grain surface.  When we’ve recently entertained multiple guests, we leave the leaves in and get to spread all of our stuff instead of piling it.

I know I'm not the only woman who can be driven crazy by this sort of thing.  I want a clean, relaxing atmosphere in my home.  Not to mention the shame of covering that gorgeous coloring!  However, I am also a proponent for using what you have.  

There are always at least two spots cleared so that we can sit and eat at the table, so it isn’t as though it’s completely unmanageable.  It also provides an organizing and holding surface for me, so that I can get to the organizational things later, when I have a little time to devote to it.  So while it may not be the prettiest picture as you walk into our house, it is certainly a practical tool.

For this, I am thankful.  I am also thankful that God has brought my mindset around to be able to see the big picture, and to have a little wisdom in choosing my battles.  God is so gracious!

No comments:

Post a Comment