Thursday, October 18, 2012

Headphones

Psalm 139:9-10
"If I take the wings of the dawn, if I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, even there Your hand will lead me, and Your right hand will lay hold of me."


I generally stay up a little later at night than the rest of my family.  I also relax better if I have music. Sometimes, it’s nice to create the music and play on my keyboard. Other times, it’s nicer to listen. Either way, these activities would ordinarily wake the others in my household (and the keyboard has the potential to wake the neighbors). Thus, I am thankful for headphones, so I don’t disturb others while winding down for the day.  

Headphones also have a tendency to create an atmosphere of closeness for me, which makes my room seem homier and more comfortable. This makes me more aware of God’s presence. It is much easier for me to forget God’s presence when I am with others. I often find, when left to myself in some capacity, the fact I am alone points out the stark contrast that God is there with me. I am never alone.

So, though I enjoy headphones for their ability to reproduce the music I love, I also find natural comfort from them in the reminder of the presence of my Savior. What things remind you of God’s presence? Are you intentional about remembering His presence?

No comments:

Post a Comment