Friday, October 5, 2012

Knitting

I find knitting fun, fulfilling, and therapeutic.  It allows me to do something with my hands while I sit, whether resting between chores or waiting at the doctor’s office.  This makes me feel productive.

It may not be the most efficient way to create a piece of clothing, or a blanket, etc., but I don’t have access to all of the tools required to make a modern piece of clothing.  Besides... I enjoy taking the scenic route sometimes!

I don’t like to make decisions, so I find it restful to follow a pattern.  For those times when I do feel creative, it’s easy to mess around and create a pattern.  It’s a simple art that has infinite possibilities.

It has been awhile since I last knit, as I was rather busy with getting back into the groove of things with a child.  However, I have just been able to pick it up again, and find myself smiling just thinking about it.  I am thankful that God made something that satisfies both my desire for practicality and my desire for creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment