Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Wisdom

Proverbs 9:10
“The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.”

Wisdom is a rather nebulous thing. Many things can be said of it, but you can’t really pin it down in a few sentences.  That’s fitting, since wisdom itself seems to morph to the occasion.  The true key and force behind wisdom, however, is God.  That much is clearly and definitely definable.

I was struggling this morning in frustration with the way that my husband was handling our tasks for the day.  His heart is true, but sometimes we don’t seem to communicate very well.  The same issue came up about three times this morning, and it wasn’t until the third time that I finally asked for God’s help with my own frustration.

I can see now all of the other things I also should have talked to God about to help me refocus on Him.  However, there was only one thing I was really talking to Him about and asking Him for, and that was for the ability to refocus my selfish heart onto helping my husband.  

I am so glad that the Lord helped me to recognize the issue for what it was, and I count that as wisdom.  As I said, there is a lot more that I need to learn; each new piece of wisdom opens my eyes to how much more wisdom there is to gain.  I am thankful, though, for the wisdom that I have received from His friendship and love.

We, His children, are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment