Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Hamburgers



I’m a picky eater.  I’m the one who will ask for a patty melt on wheat bread with cheddar cheese and (often) no onions.  The secret to feeding me is to keep it simple - the more gourmet you make a meal, the less I will probably like it.  Plain Jane.

Hamburgers are my go-to when eating out... plain with mayonnaise and cheese, of course.  Every once in awhile, though, I come across a hamburger that isn’t just something that I like... it’s something that I love.  I encountered one such hamburger tonight when my husband took me out for a surprise Date Night (score!) to a Restaurant called Cool Hand Luke’s.

This burger is called “The Wrangler.”  It’s a 1/2 lb burger with thin onion rings, barbecue sauce, and bacon.  I couldn’t go without changing it, of course, so I ordered it without the barbecue sauce and with mayonnaise on the side.  That was a good burger.  I think the onion rings had a slight hint of barbecue sauce, which was just perfect for me.

I am thankful that God integrated a liking for hamburgers into my taste buds, but I am also thankful that He provided a hamburger that I truly enjoyed.  It’s amazing the ways in which He ministers to us from day to day.

No comments:

Post a Comment