Thursday, July 10, 2014

Multiple Singing Styles

Dear Lord,

Thank You that are so many different ways to sing.  It’s fun to be able to switch from jazz to contemporary to choral to hip-hop, and then enter into the a cappella genre, which just allows one to do all kinds of things with a voice.  There’s certainly something to be said for excelling at a particular style, but it almost feels like a well-rounded exercise routine to switch between so many.

Thank You not only for the ability to sing those different styles, but to also enjoy them.  I may have favorite styles, but they can get a bit monotonous if not supplemented.  I wish I knew what it was about music that grabs me and feels as though it speaks to my soul.  Though I may not, however, You most certainly do.  Thank You for that gift, and I pray that You would continue to use my voice to carry Your message to that very same place in the souls around me.  Help me to be courageous and creative to carry Your Word to others.


In Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment