Sunday, July 20, 2014

Knowledge

Jeremiah 29:13
“You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.”

Dear Lord,

I have mentioned knowledge in 62 of my previous thankful things and weekly impressions; I think it’s about time I thanked You for it.  

Knowledge has such far-reaching ramifications, for we base our decisions on our knowledge, whether what we “know” is true or false.  You, of course, know the Truth of everything, but we must grow in knowledge.  It is through knowledge of You that You give us “…everything pertaining to life and godliness,” as it says in 2 Peter 1:3.  This impresses an urgency to learn Your Truth, for which You have given us Your Word.  It amazes me how You bring to light new lessons in Your Word each time I study it.  Through the power of the Holy Spirit, Your Word is, just as You say, the Living Word.  

This is why it so important that we remind ourselves of Your Truth with vigilance, constantly seeking to learn more about You, lest we fall to the false philosophies of this world.  Through the power of Your Holy Spirit, You will slowly peel away the scales that blind our eyes to the Truth in Your Word.  Knowledge - especially knowledge of You - is so valuable.

Why do I not yearn for it?  Where has my sense of urgency gone?  Lord, I pray for Your will to be my desire.  I pray that I might immerse myself in Your Truth, that I would not just know that You are my God, but that I would be willing to give up myself - my selfishness and pride - to give You what praise and worship You will reflect in me back to Yourself.  Help me to see You in everything, rather than myself.  Give me the perseverance and urgency to seek knowledge of You in each moment.  I want to pursue You.  Give me the clarity of mind to prioritize You, and strength and courage to follow through.


In Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment