Tuesday, July 15, 2014

New Projects

Dear Lord,

It’s so fun to start a new project - especially when it’s a part of my hobby!  (I can’t tell you all what it is yet, since it’s a present for Christmas.)  Thank You, Lord, for the fun and excitement that a new project can bring.  I love learning new techniques in knitting, and often try to choose patterns that illuminate new techniques so that I can implement them into my own designs.  I love how Your creativity manifests in the myriad ways that people devise to perform tasks or create things.

My only request in this, Lord, is that You would help me to keep my focus on You and all(!) that You have done for me.  I know how easy it is to get caught up in the moment and to transfer my hope and worth to something else.  It sounds so silly, and yet I know that I do it.  A new project excites fun feelings, but it does not deserve my worship - as You do (all that I can give and so much more!).  Thank You, Lord, that You have taught me that bit of wisdom.


In Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment