Monday, July 7, 2014

Piano Music

Dear Lord,

Thank You for piano music.  Instruments are so versatile in that we can play a number of different styles with a single instrument, but I think the piano is one of the most versatile.  I love to play the piano, but I also love to just listen to others play it.

As I relaxed in my living room tonight during my physical therapy exercises, I listened to my “New Age Solo Piano” channel on Pandora.  Talk about relaxing!  I’m not sure what it is about piano music, but a relaxing mood on a piano seems almost to speak to my very soul.  It’s as though You reach into my heart and say, “Rest now.”  And I am all too willing to comply.

Thank You, Lord, for the ability to listen to recorded piano music on good speakers, so that I can even rest from the movements required to play the music in order to enjoy it.  I look forward to heaven, Lord, and what music will be like there.  Thank You for my rest.


In Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment