Friday, April 5, 2013

A Good Night's Sleep

Exodus 15:2
"The Lord is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise Him; my father's God, and I will extol Him."


Many things seem to be cured - or at least helped - by a good night’s sleep. My sleep has been interrupted by various things lately - mostly by symptoms of my cold, or my one-year-old son waking up in the middle of the night. This, of course, does not contribute to a good night’s sleep. Yet God allowed it, and His divine power is more than enough to see me through.

Last night, it was within His perfect will for me to have a good night’s sleep. For this, I am very thankful, as I am now almost completely over my cold, and it’s much easier to keep a good perspective when you aren’t so tired. Thank You, Lord, for Your provision of a good night’s sleep!

I pray the Lord helps me dwell on His truth - especially in the times I don't get enough rest (whether due to my own choices, or my circumstances). What is one of His truths you cling to when you're tired?

No comments:

Post a Comment