Thursday, April 25, 2013

This Blog

You may have noticed that, though I do fall behind a day or two at times, I blog almost every day.  That was my intention from the first:  to keep myself accountable to write about something that I am thankful for each day.  I have found it so useful, because it helps to purposely bring my mind around to writing about God and what He has done in my life. That alone has helped to bring my focus around to where it should be.

God has used this blog to increase my thankfulness in general (and thus, my quality of life), but He has also used it in individual situations in my life.  When I'm struggling with depression or self-focus and it's time to write my blog, He helps me to write even though I don't feel like it.  Then, He often goes a step further and shows me something while I write, and blesses me with being able to focus on how magnificent, or powerful, or gracious, or loving (etc., etc., etc.,) He is, and find myself no longer depressed or self-focused, but Joyous in the Lord.

What a blessing He has bestowed upon me in this blog!  I hope that it has blessed you and caused you to meditate upon Him more, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment