Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Nightstands

Psalm 103:22
"Bless the Lord, all you works of His, in all places of His dominion; bless the Lord, O my soul!"


Any surface in my home tends to get overrun with stuff. My nightstand cannot escape this inevitability. It, too, needs periodic clearing, just as our table does. It is most useful to me as a catch-all (it accumulates jewelry; various hair items; chapstick and lotion; and various odds and ends), and as a stand (go figure) for my water. The water is the more important feature of late, as I have been sick and need to wet my dry mouth during the night. Going back to sleep is less difficult when all I have to do is reach over and put it back when I'm done. Without my nightstand, it would be harder to maneuver my water off of the floor - and then, my one-year-old wouldn’t have the finite boundary of the nightstand to stay away from.

I am thankful for nightstands, for God's provision of the convenience. I use it daily (and nightly), and appreciate its contribution to my sleep. Thank You, Lord! May we see Your hand in all the little things, and praise You for them! What is one small thing has He used to bless you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment