Monday, April 29, 2013

Home Movies


Our year-and-a-half old son loves watching the little home movies that we take of him on our iPhones.  I find it amusing that he isn’t very interested in the clips that don’t feature his cute little figure.  As his attention span grows longer, he will watch them “Again!” (which is actually communicated by his own variation of the ASL sign “REPEAT” along with the sound “kee”)... and again and again.  It’s one of his favorite things to do.

We are trying to teach him not to immediately ask for a movie upon first seeing Grandma (as opposed to Grammy), because she, too, has an iPhone.  He uses his own variation of the ASL sign “MOVIE” when he sees her, so we generally won’t let him watch immediately.  When we do let him watch "movies," though, it is so adorable.

I rather treasure it, because my tremendously busy little man will climb into my lap and sit still.  His brow turns a bit serious and sometimes furrows in concentration.  He knows how to swipe to the next or previous home movie, and to press the little play arrow that pops up in the middle of the screen, so I can really just sit and enjoy cuddling with him while he’s occupied.

I thank the Lord that I can take and play home movies of and for my little man.  I pray for God’s patience and wisdom to know how best and when best to let my son watch them, but know that I am blessed to even have the opportunity.  In the meantime, I will enjoy the snuggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment