Thursday, April 4, 2013

Tech Support

Colossians 3:23
"Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men..."


This one’s kinda cheating, because my husband is my tech support... but he really is good at it. I started using a new Apple program today: Keynote (which is the Mac equivalent of Powerpoint). My church is slowly migrating over to Mac, so I’ll be using Keynote at work, and thus, need to learn how to use it.

I can fumble around a new program well enough, but there are usually one or two things I have to ask about. Such was the case today, and I called my tech support. (As an aside, I like being able to call my sweetie from work.) I was also a little sketchy about how to access and save a file over our network from my personal Mac to my work PC.

He walked me through the steps, and when I had a hard time explaining, he logged onto my computer remotely and showed me what I needed to do. He always seems to have some technological trick up his sleeve. It’s kinda fun calling him for tech support, because I’ll often find out about some other cool thing he can do.

So I'm thankful for (my) tech support. Without him, I would have a significantly harder time accomplishing certain things at work. I’ve run ideas by him at a few different jobs, and have been able to make some great recommendations and provide better service as a result. I am thankful God gave me such a wonderful resource - especially since it’s in the form of my husband!

Has God given you someone who's a great resource for something? What has He given you so you might be a good resource for someone else? (If you have a hard time thinking of something, consider that if He chose you as His child, then you have a testimony to share, which is definitely a great resource!)

No comments:

Post a Comment