Thursday, October 24, 2013

Being with My Husband


I love being married.  Sure, it has it’s hardships, but I love my husband, and I love how he helps me and that I can help him.  We aren’t perfect, but Christ is growing us.  I thank my sweetheart for being my husband.

We believe that it would be a sin - a maligning of God’s name - to divorce, but even so, I don’t take the fact that he stays with me for granted.  I am so thankful that he stays with me, works with me, ministers to me, and leads me.  I am also thankful for the Opportunity to Serve him, to stay with him, to work with him, and to minister to him.  It is my God-given priority - and I love that.

As Christ continues His good work in me (Philippians 1:6), my desires draw closer and closer to alignment with His good will.  The things that He has given me to do become more appealing, and the commands that He has given are a joy to perform.  One of those commands is to serve my husband - and in Christ, it is my joy and privilege to do so.

What is one of God’s commands that you take joy in doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment