Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Anniversaries


My husband and I have been married for eight years as of today - and I am grateful to be married to him!  We were considering what to do for our anniversary when we realized that I had a day off from work for Columbus Day, and he didn’t have school on the 14th.  Our anniversary is the 15th.  Well, shucks, we had to celebrate a day early!

My mom-in-law usually takes care of our son on Mondays, and we asked if it would be alright if we left our son with her while we went to the coast.  She had some things to get done, but she blessed us with her babysitting services.  So, off to the coast we went for A Day Together to celebrate our anniversary.  It was so nice to get away and take some time to just be with my husband.

I am thankful for anniversaries, that they serve as an annual celebratory reminder of the gift that God has given my husband and I.  My spouse is one of God’s greatest gifts to me, and I love the opportunity to serve Christ in my ministry to my husband - as well as to be served by my husband’s ministry to me.  It is such a wonderful portrayal of God’s love, despite our imperfections.  I pray that we continue to grow in Christ, that our portrayal might act as a testimony of God’s grace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment