Thursday, October 31, 2013

Custom Design

I love my Wedding Ring.  Most people don’t take their wedding rings off unless they are going to do some grimy work or for safety reasons.  I take mine off to handle it.  To feel its curves, to see what it looks like upside down, and to play with it.

My husband custom designed it for me.  It was quite the surprise - and a lot bigger than I expected.  He knows I love fantasy and that whimsical delicate art, and he designed me a ring in that vein.  That’s why I love it.  Not just because it’s a design that I like, but because he knew what I would like.  My wedding ring is a symbol of my marriage to my husband, and because he designed it specifically for my tastes, it models to me the familiarity we have with one another.

He knows me (and, in our marriage, he knows me).  We know one another, and we enjoy that knowledge (even just the normal know).  My ring is a reminder of that knowledge, and that is one of the reason that I like to play with it.  In a way, I want to know it better.  That, of course, isn’t a way to know my husband better - but it is a nice reminder to continue that pursuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment