Monday, October 7, 2013

Being a Helper


I love being a helper.  It’s what I do best.  As a wife who has been saved by the blood, mercy, and grace of Jesus Christ, it is also what I am called to do - and part of what I was created for. (Genesis 2:18, 20-22)  It is my first and most important ministry, and I am thankful for the opportunity, and privileged to be, my husband’s helper.

Even when my husband isn’t being the easiest person to serve, I can still look to Christ, and know that my service is ultimately to Him.  “Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance.  It is the Lord Christ whom you serve.”  Colossians 3:23-24.  That perspective of serving Christ (even of knowing that I will be rewarded for that service - which I can only "merit" by His power), makes it much easier to be my husband’s helper, even when he sins.  I can entrust myself to God, and God has placed me under my husband to serve him.

For this task that God has given me, I am thankful.  For His power to do it, I am also thankful.  For the fulfillment of my purpose, and the satisfaction of that feeling, I am thankful.  In God’s great power I stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment