Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Flirting


I’m married to him, so I get to flirt with my husband.  I admit that it’s actually kind of nice when I see other marrieds flirting with their spouses.  In our society, it seems like there’s so much putting down of the opposite sex (on both sides) within the context of marriage, that it’s a bit refreshing to see a couple enjoying each other.  

Of course, there’s an appropriate amount of flirting in public, and an inappropriate amount.  I don’t make out with my husband in public, but a single lingering kiss is nice.  Perhaps a comment here and there, holding around the waist, or significant looks.  I remember when my parents used to kiss in front of me, and the expected, "Ewwww" was ready on my lips.  In truth, though, it never bothered me, and I always felt a little warm inside at the knowledge of their love.

I am thankful for flirting, and for its various uses.  I find sometimes that I use it to “stake my claim,” sometimes to pique his interest or perpetuate my own, and other times, I just want to tell him I love him.  It makes for an interesting dynamic and tool in our relationship, and I am thankful that God made it available to us.  I am also thankful for the ability to appropriately portray our love - and hopefully God’s love - through it.  May our worship to Him be evident in all that we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment