Thursday, October 3, 2013

How Was Your Day?


I am thankful for the question, “How was your day?”  When my husband and I don’t have much time to spend together, this is the question that helps us keep connected.  It expresses interest in the other’s life and interests.  

We are intentional about finding some happening in our day to share:  “I’ve been awfully tired today,” or, “I felt pretty productive and got x, y, and z done,” or, “A co-worker shared something funny,” or even, “It was a pretty normal day.  I did this, this, and this.  I kinda wanted to get out and do more.” (or “It was kinda nice.”)  The more specific we can be about events and our thoughts and feelings about those events, the more we can share with one another, and the more connected we are.

This question is a practical application of that verse I mentioned earlier this week:  Philippians 2:4 - “...do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.”  I am thankful to have a practical application of God’s Word, and for the joy that it brings my husband and I in our marriage through Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment