Saturday, October 19, 2013

Weekly Impressions - Reflection of God?


The more that I think about what it looks like to serve God, the more my thoughts are drawn to the idea of my testimony.  How does my life portray God?  In relation to my marriage, how does my marriage reflect God and His glory?

For sinful man, this question can often bring shame.  Thank God for His mercy and grace, that we don’t have to live in that shame.  Through the blood of His Son, I have been cleansed of my sins, and granted the power to repent.  While I do not always portray His glory, I walk my spiritual walk of Progressive Sanctification and look with joy to the day when we “...will be revealed with Him [Christ] in glory.” (Colossians 3:4)

The idea is sobering, though, isn’t it?  Am I reflecting God’s glory in this moment?  Is my marriage a reflection of His glory?  If God found marriage - as a symbol of Jesus’ relationship with the church, and again as a symbol of God the Father’s relationship with God the Son - to be so important that He only allowed for it’s dissolution by adultery (which is also symbolic of our own behavior toward Him), then should I not also hold it in such high esteem?  It drives home to me the importance of my testimony here on earth.   The importance of how I act in my marriage.

I want to hold Him in high esteem, and I want people to be able to see that - not because I specifically showed it to them, but because that esteem is so vivid in my life, that they cannot help but see.  I am a child of God Most High (El Elyon), and I want others to be able to see God Most High and His work - His glory - in my life.  I am thankful for this desire, and for the result of more intentional seeking (read pursuit) - of God’s truth, of God’s will, and of how to reflect those in my own life.  “May my lifesong sing to You.” (from Lifesong by Casting Crowns)

No comments:

Post a Comment